*Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you choose to buy an item after clicking a link, I may receive a small commission from the purchase at no extra cost to you. This helps me keep this blog up and running. Thank you!*
Well, hello, friends! You’ve caught me on a great day, because it’s time for ANOTHER bathroom makeover reveal!!! This time, it’s a guest bathroom makeover. If you haven’t seen our master bathroom makeover, you can check it out here. It’s pretty, and so is this one. Let me tell you, you’re in for a treat! ?
Like our master bath, our guest bathroom was a big blob of tan.
Thankfully, this tan blob was short-lived. With a lot of love, caulk, and elbow grease, this bathroom tRaNsFoRmEd!!!
Did you hear that? I think that was the angels singing all the way from heaven.
Guest Bathroom Makeover DIY Checklist
Before I show you more pictures, let’s take a second to point out all the upgrades Andrew and I completed, so you can easily spot them.
- Painted all walls with the color “Sea Salt” by Sherwin Williams, color matched with Behr Marquee.
- Tore out the old vanity and installed a new vanity with sink top. We found this vanity on OfferUp for $180, about 67% off!
- Added guard pieces to the bottom and left sides of the vanity to prevent water from getting into tight spaces.
- Installed a new faucet on the vanity – also from OfferUp, where we saved about 60%.
- Put up a tiled backsplash (a first for us both, more on that below).
- Put in new baseboard, which was taller and cleaner than our old stuff.
- Installed a new light – also from OfferUp, where we saved about 40%.
- Hung a new mirror – I would have framed the existing mirror (like we did in our other bathroom), but it was too big for the space.
- Updated decor
The Grumpy Cat portrait was a fun touch when we moved in, but it was time relocate!
One of the most interesting parts of this project was putting up the backsplash. Neither of us had put one up before, so it was a learning process. We had narrowed our choice down to two options and chose the simpler one (on the left) to stay with the bathroom’s simple theme.
I think we made a good choice! ?
I was also a weird amount of excited about our new faucet! It’s the type of faucet where you feel like you’re washing your hands in a hose, but in a fancy way. We bought this one on OfferUp, but here’s a similar one on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2n3DD0o
The Bathroom Decor
I did a bit of Pinterest-ing before I bought decor for the bathroom. When I came across the shelf with the hanging bar for a hand towel, I knew it would be a perfect use for the space! I bought this shelf at Hobby Lobby here in Arizona. I’m not sure of its availability nationwide, but I did find a super cute, similar shelf here on Amazon.
I loved the idea of a basket behind the toilet with extra toilet paper. I’d hate to have a get-together at my house and a guest is left in an awkward situation!
Well, we’re about half way done with our THIRD (and final!) bathroom makeover, which is our upstairs full bath. You can expect that in the next few weeks. Two words: New floor!
If you’d like to be one of the first to know about my new posts, you can sign up for my e-mails here:
Thanks for stopping by and checking out our makeover! I hope our guest bathroom makeover has given you a bit of inspiration to take one of your rooms to the next level. It’s amazing what even a coat of paint can do!
Now, I’d say it’s about time for a giant Rissler gathering over at our house. ? ?